Terms and Conditions
Yelverton Brook Terms & Conditions
- Contract: The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between the owners of Yelverton Brook (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you”, “your”, “guests”) under the following booking conditions. The Contract will be subject to these booking conditions and must be complied with. The person whose name is on the booking form (referred to as the “Responsible Person”) agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Terms and Conditions are adhered to by all members of the party. The names, addresses and ages of all members of the party must be shared with the owners on request.
- Sub-Letting: The Hirer may not sub-let the hired premises or any part thereof.
- Accuracy of details: The brochure and website are as accurate as possible but cannot be warranted, nor do the descriptions form any contract. Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy of property descriptions and images, the facilities and services may alter. We reserve the right to alter or improve any of the subjects without notice.
- Payment: For bookings made directly with Us, a non-refundable 25% deposit will be payable at the point of making the booking. The remaining balance will be due 30 days before the arrival date. The owners retain the right to treat the booking as cancelled if the outstanding balance due is not received by that time.
- Arrival – You will receive an email form us 1 week prior to arrival with relevant information to help plan your stay with us together with all your check-in information.
- Departure On the day of departure, we respectfully ask all guests to vacate their rooms by 10:00am. Guests are expected to leave the property in a neat and tidy manner on departure. This includes washing dishes and leave in dishrack provided to air dry. Returning all items to their original position, all good/fresh food items left in the fridges for recycling and rubbish placed in appropriate bins, including the Chicken Scraps. There is a large bin outside each unit, please do not leave rubbish bags outside in the open as the animals will investigate and can make a mess. We ask that you turn off all lights, heating and appliances upon departure. Additional cleaning fees (minimum $60) may apply if the property is not left in a presentable condition. Breakage, missing items or damage to the property will be charged at replacement/repair value including delivery and installation costs. We are sure you will care for Yelverton Brook with love as we do. We do offer a Late Noon Checkout as a booking option for only $40, depending on booking availability. Please contact us to arrange this.
- Insurance We strongly recommend that guests purchase travel insurance. So you can reclaim any monies lost at last minute notice.
- Children Yelverton Brook welcomes children in the Lodges, they offer 2 x queen bedrooms and a sofa bed in the lounge area plus a Porta Cot. The Studio can cater for a child up to 1 year with a Porta Cot.
- Groups – We do not accept bucks, hen or party bookings or School Leavers.
- Pets We regret that we are unable to accept pets as we are a Wildlife Conservation Sanctuary. Should pets be found in the accommodation, guests may be requested to immediately vacate Yelverton Brook with no refund and will be liable for additional cleaning fees.
- Wifi Yelverton Brook cannot offer Wifi but we do have excellent mobile coverage with a mobile tower less than 1km away offering Telstra, Optus & Vodaphone coverage.
- Electric Car Charging: We do not currently have electric car charging facilities on site. There are public charging points in the most local towns eg: Busselton, Dunsborough & Margaret River. The Hirer is not permitted to charge an electric car from internal sockets of hired premises. If the Hirer is found to have charged their car from a socket on site, the owners will exercise their right to require the Hirer and their party to leave and their stay will be void and non-refundable.
- Owners Liability: The Hirer undertakes to relieve the Owners from any liability for damage or injury however caused by any member of his party. The Owners, their agents or employees accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer’s party, to their property or vehicles, howsoever caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
- Right of Entry: We shall be allowed reasonable right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance epically for the Hot Tubs for your health and safety.
- Non-availability of Accommodation We would only cancel your reservation if your accommodation became unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would, however, attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the reservation. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
- What are your reception hours? Please note that check-in is contactless, however if we are in the office, we are happy to help plan your holiday and answer any questions.
We can be reached on +61 8 97557579 or our mobiles: Joy 0439557578 or Simon 0427557579, Monday – Sunday 9am – 9pm, plus you have all our contact details in your private Studios and Lodges.
- Liability The owners will not accept responsibility for any valuables lost or mislaid. The complimentary on-site car parking space is for guests’ use during their stay, but we take no responsibility for any damages or losses incurred to vehicles in the car park, or property contained therein. Guests are reminded to take the usual precautions and not leave any valuables or other items on show in their vehicles. Our total liability to you is limited to the price of the booking and under no circumstances will we be responsible for any indirect or special damages.
- Smoking/Vaping Yelverton Brook is a non-smoking property inside all the accommodation, a smoker’s pot is supplied on the patio or veranda. The same applies to vaping. Guests may also be liable for the loss of owner’s income from any future bookings affected by their actions. Guests found smoking/vaping inside Yelverton Brook will be asked to leave, with any accommodation monies already paid are non-refundable. They will also be charged a fee of $200 to cover deep cleaning costs.
- Damage and Breakages We kindly ask guests to report any damage to fixtures and fittings as soon as it occurs as this will help ensure that repairs, replacement, or cleaning works are carried out immediately and may help reduce the risk of further damage. Whilst we understand that accidents happen, we do reserve the right to charge for any cleaning or replacement costs.
- Cancellation Policy All cancellations must be received in writing by emailing: email@example.com We also will call you where possible to confirm the cancellation. In the event that a booking directly with Us is cancelled and that notice in writing is received by the start of 30 days prior to the commencement of the stay, the deposit will be retained but no further charges are due. If notice is received later than the start of 30 days prior to the commencement of the let, 100% of the balance will be due. In exceptional circumstances, and at the Owner’s discretion, it may be possible to reschedule the stay for an alternative time, subject to availability. Even when holidaying in your own country we strongly recommend the purchase of suitable holiday cancellation insurance.
In the event of an early departure, guests will be liable for the full amount of the cost of their stay. In exceptional circumstances, this will be at the discretion of the owners. Please note that upon making a reservation the agreement becomes a legal contract. Failure to comply with these payment terms may result in your booking being cancelled by Yelverton Brook with no refund of any deposit paid.
- Bookings Made Through a Third Party: Bookings made via third party travel agents may have different booking and cancellation policies to those listed above.
- Cancellation Due to Covid-19 Restrictions – At the discretion of the business owner any monies paid may be held as a credit to put towards a future stay. This applies to DIRECT bookings only. We highly recommend you purchase Travel Insurance to cover these circumstances.
- “Force Majeure” (circumstances beyond the control of the owner): If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the lodging costs based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of the liability of the owners. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
- Local Travel Restrictions: In the event that the local area in which the guest resides, or the area that We are in, face Government restrictions on travel, we reserve the right to reschedule or cancel bookings.
- Special Offers: Throughout the year the Owners run Special Offers. These offers are only valid on new bookings made within the stated time frame of the offer. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer or Guest Loyalty Scheme free night offer.
- General: In the event that any individual term or clause stated in these Terms and Conditions of Let is not permissible by law, the remainder of the agreement shall remain valid.
- Lost Property Policy – Yelverton Brook holds guest’s lost property for 1 month, after which it disposed off as per standard Hotel Practice. Lost property items can be collected from us by the owner. If collection from Yelverton Brook is not suitable, we are able to arrange postage at your cost plus a $10 fee for packaging providing credit card details are given to cover costs.
- We do not accept School Leavers
- Early Check-in For Book Direct is 2pm – However if booking is via an Online Travel Agent and arrival is 4pm or an upgrade option to arrive at 2pm is $40 by arrangement.
Last Updated April 2023